Pages

Friday 17 June 2011

This is a blog post...

There didn’t seem to be enough to do in my world, what with getting married in a few months, buying a house right now, having a full-time job, and being a feminist activist in any spare seconds. So I thought I’d re-start a bog to help me idle away the quiet hours.

Four or five years ago, when I was a London media type with a diary crammed full of parties, gigs, theatres, exhibitions and more, I used to blog my reviews and observations. Well, things are going to be a little different now. For one thing, I’m in Bristol and have a very different outlook on life – less shallow, more shouty.

So this blog is setting out to be my musings on being a feminist 30-something, who is trying to align my slightly lefty political beliefs with my seemingly conservative (note the small ‘c’) future as a wife, home-owner and unwilling domestic slave. To that end, in the short term you can expect a few snarky posts about the joy (or otherwise) of our house-buying efforts, my attempts to have a feminist-friendly wedding, and my pitiful efforts at learning how to cook better (this week, I’ve bought a book about steaming. Next week, I might try it out. Exciting).

But there’ll also be book reviews, films reviews and general cultural observations, as that’s what I love… and if it has a feminist angle, well, that’s just peachy.

So now I’ve set out what I’m going to do, I’d better go and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment